Monday, September 28, 2009

DI(WHY)?! or Five Invitations Walk Into a Bar...


I still have five invitations sitting in my home. They should have been mailed six weeks ago and yet, they languish on top of an old radio in my living room. One of them is going all the way to London. And, I have two invitations to still make.

Why haven't I sent/made them? Simple. DI(WHY) Overload (I smell a new blog, heh).

DI(WHY) Overload is what happens when one embarks on a seemingly simple crafting experience only to become bogged down in tiny DIY-details. Disdain and apathy ensue. Pretty soon said craft is in a pile in another room.

And this is what has happened to me and those last seven sad invitations. My somewhat plain DIY invites consist of 16 steps. That's right, sugar. 16 steps. It takes 15 minutes to make one invitation.

For weeks now, the inivation making supplies have been in a ridiculous pile on the kitchen table. I have routinely flung food in that area, set things (dishes, catnip, dirty towels) on the invites, and just generally treated the area as a toxic waste site for wedding details. I am bad.

But I am trying to come around. Some people will be getting the invitation a few weeks before the wedding. Perhaps that's better than not getting one at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment