Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Decided: Cupcake Toppers


I know I am late on the whole cupcake vs. wedding cake biz. I find the idea of spending more than $350.00 on a single cake that probably will not be rad, totally ridiculous. Spending sooo much on a cake would invariably make me hate it from the get go and I would never be happy with its decoration anyway (I think I've been to Cakewrecks too much.). I want a variety of sweets at this shindig, too. So, I chose cupcakes (amongst other delights) for our reception.
Did I tell you I'm making all the cupcakes? No? I'm making all the food too. It is one of the few wedding-related tasks that is in no way unfun or overwhelming to me. I don't think I am going overboard on this at all. We anticipate hosting from 60-70 people. I have a lot of help cooking and baking. We are cooking for 100. I think its pretty easy- its not unlike cooking for a large dinner party.
Some of the details, like cupcake toppers, fall under this domain. I chose garden gnomes for some of the cupcakes on weird miniature deer for the others. I am pleased with my decision and think it aligns perfectly with the forest-y we are working with.
I need other little topper thingies for some other items. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. What about these jobbies? http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31048742

    ReplyDelete